For the past three or four months I've been sort of keeping a secret. I had been asked to design a line of pre-1900 reproduction fabric. So for several months I worked on the designs. Finally, today I got to see the art work. We spent some time making color changes, but all in all I was really pleased and I'm excited to see the final product on cloth.
The company printing my fabric is Fabri-quilt in Kansas City. They will introduce it at International Quilt Market in Houston in October. We'll have the actual fabric in January.
I will of course be making a quilt from the fabric that we can kit. I'm also thinking about using it in next year's block of the month. If you come to the shop I'll show you some of the preliminary photos. As soon as I get color corrected photos I'll show some here.
Please excuse my pride. I have wanted to try designing fabric for years and I'm just thrilled to finally get a chance.