Friday, September 25, 2009


We had a fun, busy and interesting day at the shop this Friday.
We have a group of quilting friends from Des Moines and Omaha using the Retreat Center. I love seeeing what everyone brings along to work on.
Carolyn brought her almost completed Dear Jane top. She and nine friends from the Corning area have been working on these blocks as a group project for a year. I expect to be seeing lots more of them. What an undertaking.
This afternoon we were lucky to have a visit from Eleanor Burns and her husband. She will be speaking tomorrow at the Sac County Quilt-a-fair. She's writing a new book about Barn Quilts which will be out in the Spring. They spent last night in Walnut, visiting the Antique Shops there today before they stopped to see us. We felt honored to have her here.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to be there! I didn't know that she would be there. I wonder what time she is speaking.

    ReplyDelete