Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wednesday at Prairie Star Quilts



A customer was in the shop today to purchase fabrics for a grandson's quilt. She had a contemporary pattern and he had requested the colors of fire. She and I worked for a while choosing, rejecting and selecting fabric. How do you think we did? She said she had expected to have to visit several quilts shops to find everything she wanted as she needed 12 fabrics that blended from black to yellow. She was very happy to find it all in one place.

It made me glad to hear it. When I purchased this shop in 1992 one of the things I promised myself we would do ws to have enough of a fabric selection so tht quilters could put together the quilts they wanted in one place. I myself had had the experience of going from shop to shop gathering fabrics. It was not a pleasant experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment